Each year over an eight-month period, Revival Theatre Company produces three full-scale musicals, classical and contemporary. Every fall, we hold open auditions for performers. We seek strong actors who sing and dance well. We welcome and encourage all types and ethnicities, who are at least 18 years old, as well as kids as young as 8, depending on the show.
We strive to seek a balance between professional performers, emerging young artists, and local Cedar Rapids talent for our unique mix of contemporary and classic productions.
Revival Theatre Company’s Two Year Policy Regarding Casting: Once an actor is cast in one of the past season’s shows, RTC does not require the actor to audition for RTC again for two years. Whether an actor has or hasn’t been active with us within the full two years, we ask that the actor audition. RTC actors from the previous season interested in being considered for the new season’s shows should contact Artistic Director Brian Glick before the last night of current fall auditions to tell him that you wish to be considered. Casting is not guaranteed. If an actor wishes to be considered for a role that’s very different from what that actor has personified in the past for RTC, then that actor is more than welcome to audition.
This casting policy applies to actors 18 years and older. Any actor younger than 18 years old must audition every year if roles in the new season are available.
- 2023 auditions will be held January 15. Call Backs will be held January 17. All calls are located at CSPS Hall, 1103 3rd St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Children: ages 9-12 4:00p-6:00p. Sign in begins at 3:30
- Adults: 7:00p-10:00p Sign in begins at 6:30
- We are not having open auditions for Million Dollar Quartet. The role of Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd. has been cast.
Important Information for auditioners:
- Sign up beforehand. Those who show without having signed up, are welcome, but may have to wait in line if time allows.
- Arrive at the call time and check in at the front desk.
- Bring a headshot and resume. This is mandatory.
- This audition call is for Honk! and Sunset Blvd.
- Children auditioning for Honk! must have an unchanged voice, and be of the age requirement by May of 2023.
- There is no dance or acting call at this audition. Those will happen at the callbacks as needed.
- Children not called back for Honk! will be notified on the spot, before they leave.
What to prepare:
- Children will sing “Different“ from Honk!
- Adults: Prepare 16-32 bars of a song that shows off your voice.
- Send a video via mp3 or Youtube with one song that shows off your voice. No longer than 16-32 measures.
- Videos are due at 11:59 January 15.
- For all other audition questions please see the Q&A section on this page.