Revival Theatre Company (RTC) currently seeks talented and professional candidates to join our volunteer Board of Directors. Ideal candidates have diverse networks and/or ties to art-supporting companies in the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City area. RTC relies on its Board of Directors for governance and oversight, planning the Theatre’s growth, and financing its programs. We seek Board Members who can help RTC achieve its mission to produce quality classical and contemporary musical theatre that is thought provoking, compelling and challenging to the artists and audiences.
Each Board Member has the following responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically support RTC’s mission, help create and implement its strategic plan, and contribute their expertise to enhance the Theatre’s programming and community outreach
- Actively serve on at least one board committee and/or task force, and provide leadership to initiatives of personal interest or expertise
- Be an advocate for RTC by attending and bringing prospective supporters to RTC events
- Attend or call-in to monthly board meetings. Read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and conscientiously participate in discussions
- Contribute financially to RTC and offer ideas to expand our donor base